Sunday, September 25, 2016

2016 Photochallenge Week 37: B&W Shapes

Week 37 of the Photochallenge.org 2016 challenges encouraged us to take a black and white picture that focuses on shape.  This one is up my alley for sure since I'm a lover of B&W.  Hey I grew up with a black and white TV!  Try watching Voltron on B&W and having no idea what color the lions were...  I also used to help my mom develop her B&W photos in the dank and spidery basement of our old Hopkins home.



1) Sad Umbrella:  I saw this sad looking broken umbrella floating in a showy fountain at Disney's Epcot theme park and just had to take a few pics of it.  I think the geometric shape of the umbrella works for this challenge.



2) Spaceship Earth:  The classic giant silver faceted ball that is the centerpiece of Epcot, as well as a strange ride through the history and future of the human race on the planet Earth.  I took this with my iPhone since I left the camera at home most of the trip.



3) Gears:  This pic was taken just outside Lake Monster Brewing at the Vandalia Building in St. Paul.  They have all these cool old giant gears bolted to the exterior walls from when the building used to be a mattress factory.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a few shots.

No comments: