Thursday, May 29, 2014

30 Word Thursday: Religion

 
 
 
Ornate iron spirals and spikes
Surround the symbol of Western religion.
Vaulted arches rise above, inspiring a gaze to the Heavens.
A solid gate, denying entry to the casual traveler.
 
 
 
This is my contribution to the 30 Word Thursday Blog Hop hosted by Erin at her Treasures Found Blog.  The idea is simple, use a picture and write a poem/haiku/description in exactly 30 words.  Check this link to see this week's other entries.  My picture this week was from a church in Maastricht, Netherlands.  I wanted to explore this remarkable place, but found my way barred by this beautiful but nonetheless effective gate.  One could enter by paying in Euros and pictures were not allowed inside.  I decided to make the best of it by instead recording the moment in a photo.  Read what you want into this one!

3 comments:

Mary K. McGraw said...

Well written words. Really like the angle of your picture with the arches behind the wrought iron. Of course I am partial to wrought iron and like to photograph it myself.

Alice said...

Beautiful photo and words. From the little I can see in the photo I bet the church is gorgeous.

TesoriTrovati said...

Such a forbidding gate! For a Church that was built on welcoming, this is really telling. But beautiful nonetheless. Thank you for sharing your 30 Words! Enjoy the day. Erin