Thursday, September 4, 2014

30 Words: Orange





A Monarch's wings beat near silent,
only displaced air giving warning.
 
Turning oh so slowly,
I focus my camera...
 
And off he goes, to another fine flower.
 
Beauty and elegance.
 
 
This week's 30 Word Thursday was taken last week on a little expedition I took to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.  I took my camera along, and practiced using my brand new Macro lens for flowers and insect portraits.  Looking at these finished photos I am struck by how outrageous and wonderful these tiny denizens of our world become when we can see all their detail.  I took a ton of pics there and will likely be posting more in the future!  Check out the other 30 Word Thursday folks at Erin's Treasures Found Blog!

3 comments:

Todd said...

Amazing detail and color!!

Sarajo Wentling said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your new macro lens. Great picture!

TesoriTrovati said...

Holy moly! That is so very beautiful! The colors are so saturated. That green seems surreal! I love macro photos. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day. Erin