Thursday, June 19, 2014

30 Word Thursday: Green





Aged bronze dignitary from a near forgotten age,
Stands watch over a bustling city square.
Behind, a goggle-eyed invader watches with envy.
A modern contrast in an ancient city.
 
 
 
This week's 30 Word Thursday picture was taken in Maastricht, Netherlands during our recent visit through Beertrips.com.  I was struck by this little alien that I saw peaking out in several places over the city.  On the one hand I was annoyed by someone defacing such a medieval city, but on the other it struck a strange chord in me.  Check out the other 30 Word Thursday entrants tis week at the Treasures Found Blog--and, hey try one out yourself!

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

So funny! I didn't see that until you pointed it out and then it stuck out! What a quirky thing to find. Thank you for joining in the 30 Words challenge! Enjoy the day. Erin