Sunday, May 29, 2016

PhotoChallenge 2016 Week 21: B&W Automobiles

At the end of last year I discovered Photochallenge.org.  This is a small group of photographers who set forth a weekly challenge to other professional and amateur photographers.  What I was drawn to with this weekly assignment is that is pushes you to try new techniques and get out and take pictures on a weekly basis.  I'm taking part again this year and will also do a quick blog post about each of them.  The rules of the challenge do require that these are new pictures, not from your back catalog.  With my busy work schedule, I may not be able to get out each week and do this, so I will likely add a few of my older photos on the blog--taking the opportunity to look at the plethora of pictures I've taken and actually do some processing and weeding.



PhotoChallenge.org 2016 Week 21: Black & White Automobiles


This week's challenge wants us to show up the form and function of automobiles...those modern day chariots that transport us from place to place.  I've never really been a car guy, but I can appreciate the polished chrome, shiny paint, and even sometimes the rusted-out hulks that cars can offer for the photographer in me.  



1) Tails:  Most of these shots come from a quick photo shoot with my friends' (Ron and Denise) '99 white Corvette.  They keep this prize cocooned in a bubble all winter and are always excited to hatch it back into service each spring.  Growing up, my dad had Corvettes over the years and are my favorite sports car because of that.  My dad would also say that all Corvettes are red, the others are mistakes...  Sorry Ron!  





2) Objects in Mirror:  I like the play of light and shadow in this shot.  More abstract for sure, but still cool.





3) Where There's Fire:  This is the hubcap from our local Waconia, MN fire and rescue truck that sits outside the fire department glistening in the sun.  I like how the reflection of the other garage doors shows up the shot.  

So thats this week's presentation!  

No comments: