Thursday, January 15, 2015

30 Words: Ascent





From the dark depths below
I crawl toward the blinding light.

So long without vision in the musty chill 
of the pit.

Above
The
Bright 
Heavens
Beckon
Me 
Forward


This week's 30 Word Thursday entry is a picture that I took at a Castle in Ghent, Belgium this past spring.  This was taken from a basement area of the castle that was either used as storage or possibly as a dungeon.  The day was completely overcast and everything was too dark to get good pictures, but the contrast between the pitch black dungeon and the relatively bright light outside appealed to me.  This one may be a bit too gratuitously emo but hey, my muse was speaking to me in hushed and Gothic tones.  Oh, I did it again just there...

Check out the other 30 Word Thursday contributors (or try one yourself) at Erin's Treasures Found Blog.  

2 comments:

Beverley said...

I love this :)

TesoriTrovati said...

Keep on being emo, I love it! The image is so striking in black and white. Simplicity in line. The story writes itself! Thank you for joining in the 30 Words challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin