Friday, April 17, 2015
Jack Of All Brews April Meeting Recap
This month the Jack Of All Brews homebrew club met the SawBones Brewery (my basement bar) for the April 2015 meeting. Here is a brief recap for those who missed it, or want more details!
1) Upcoming competitions
a) First Round Nationals--Judged 4/10-4/11 in Roseville in the dank caves beneath the VFW.
b) Lucid BFD--April 11 deadline
c) Waconia Brewing Pro-Am--Deadline April 18. Contact me to arrange drop off to me, not the brewery.
2) May Meeting at John Focht's place. Details to follow...
3) June Meeting: we still need someone to host this one, as myself and Mike Lebben are going to be out of town that weekend.
4) Off Flavor tasting: Since we couldn't force ourselves to get a macro-brew to mix these vials of nasty into, Steven picked up some Grain Belt for the tasting. We tried "Grainy", "Hefewiezen", and "Lactic". The grainy one was pretty tough, since the aroma was worse than the flavor.
5) Pizza! We had Unhinged Pizza delivered for those who showed up. We are going to try to get food for more meetings per the results of our JAB Survey. If having food, we will post this on the Facebook group with the other details of the meeting.
6) Mash Paddle: Open category this month, so we had all sorts of cool beers to try ranging from IPA to mead to spice beers. The winner was Ben Ducklow with an impressively good Lavender Ale that didn't taste like Grandma's bathroom!
9) Next Month: Mash paddle style is dark or amber lagers. If we have less than 2 entrants we may open up the category to make it more fun.