Thursday, December 18, 2014

30 Words: Punk





Outstretched hand presents a small round pumpkin.
A sprightly Fall dance before the coming chill.
Dancers caper and cavort this Allhallows Eve.
Then frozen under Winter's silent and snowy blanket.

This week's 30 Word Thursday picture is from a fall trip the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.  This was one of the last times I was able to go out taking pictures before Minnesota Winter set in.  A bronze statue of young girls frozen in play caught my eye.  I had seen this statue several times without any great thought given to it, but this time someone had placed a small pumpkin to balance in a tiny hand.  Suddenly the tableau spoke to me and I snapped a few pics.  Lacking the colors I was looking for, the picture languished on my computer, but wanted to do something with it.  Taking a fresh look and trying out some colored pencil effects on my Photoshop Elements program I came up with this.  Please check out the other 30 Word entries at Erin's Treasures Found Blog Here.  Also she has had a book of some of last year's 30 Word Thursday entries (including some by Sj and I) so you should buy one!  

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

Now THAT is totally cool! I love the abstract nature of this and the colors. Great words, too! Thanks for sharing in the 30 Words! Enjoy the day! Erin